FEDERAL MINISTRY OF JUSTICE GAZETTES 5 REGULATIONS DEVELOPED BY THE NIGERIAN NUCLEAR REGULATORY AND APPROVED BY MR. PRESIDENT
In line with Mr. President’s directive, the Federal Ministry of Justice has gazetted the 5 regulations developed by the NNRA and endorsed by the President in furtherance of the Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection Act No. 19 of 1995.
The Regulation includes:
- Nigerian Regulations for the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material and Facilities;
- Nigerian Safeguards of Nuclear Material Regulations;
- Nigerian Safety Regulations for the Sitting of Nuclear Power Plants;
- Nigerian Safety of Research Reactors Regulations; and
- Nigerian Safety Regulations for Uranium Mining.
The gazetting of the regulations now brings them into force and shall be duly enforced by the NNRA.
Please click this link to access the regulations